See the full Spain menu here
Gazpacho tweaks and cautionary tales
- I changed very little of this recipe. Ina knows what she is doing.
Nitty-Gritty – Gazpacho
- Learning Curve: none
- Pre-work: none
- Vegetarian: yes
- Healthy: yes
- Freezes well: yes!
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved and seeded, but not peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 23 ounces tomato juice (3 cups)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not overprocess!
- After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.